Number of Posts: 1
We are looking for an assistant accountant to expertly manage the debts of our company. As an accountant, you will be responsible for collecting debts from our company debtors, evaluating new credit requests, ensuring timely payments of company debts, processing invoices, maintaining the sales ledger, and providing administrative support.
The assistant accountant will focus on mitigating risks and maximizing profits by ensuring credit issued by the company is paid in full and on time. He/She will continually be looking for ways to make the debt-collecting process more accessible, more punctual, and beneficial for both the company and the client. He/She will also help the company with future decisions by reporting and analyzing current financial activity within the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluating new credit requests and conducting client credit checks.
- Managing and collecting debts from company debtors.
- Setting up the terms of credit for new clients.
- Negotiating payment plans.
- Managing the collection of all payments and debts.
- Responding to client inquiries.
- Processing invoices.
- Preparing statements and reports for the company accountant.
- Managing the sales ledger.
- Liaising with customers and the sales team.
Skills and Experience Required
- Relevant Degree/Diploma in Accounting, Finance, CPA or Any Other Related field from a recognized Institute.
- Graduated within the last two (2) years or in the final year of study, and not more than twenty-six (26) years.
- Recommendation/reference letter from University/ College attended.
- Good understanding of the legal complexities of loans, payment plans, and interest rates.
- Proficient in MS Office software.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to deal with problematic clients.
- Rapid adaptability and swift skill acquisition in a dynamic work environment
- Must have a working Laptop throughout the program.
- Dedicated to work for 6 months undisrupted.
- Be able to finance yourself for the 6-month period.
- Be able to work extra hours when required and in shifts.
Personal Attributes Required
- Be a person of Integrity.
- Must be a goal-oriented, dynamic, self-motivated, and passionate individual.
- Possess excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to solve problems.
- Be proficient in computer skills.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- The company does not guarantee employment after completion of the internship Program.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Diversity balance considerations will be applied in the selection process.
- All information submitted should be correct and factual.